Friday 9 September 2016

Grab A Coffee with Pebbles' Warm & Cozy!

Good morning everyone! My latest project with the Warm & Cozy collection is on the Pebbles Inc. blog and I thought I'd share it here as well.

I adore this Fall collection and just can’t get enough of it! Fall is actually my favorite season of the year. When I think of Fall I think not only of “warm” and “cozy” but also of coffee! Lots of coffee! The corner in my kitchen where you can find my coffee machine, is one of the places where you’ll find me most! So, when I saw that “journaling” was going to be the main feature this week, I knew straight away what I was going to create: framed (wall) art for my coffee corner with lots of “text” in it! So here’s what I did:


And a bit closer:


And because maybe your kitchen or coffee corner could use some home decor as well, I’ll quickly explain what I did. I got an inexpensive photo frame from a local store (Xenos, for the Dutch readers of my blog) and chose a couple of sheets of patterned paper, two of which held “text” (I just love papers with text!).


I cut the papers in the right size so they would fit in the photo frame and layered them on top of each other. The last sheet I wanted in a different shape than the others and hand cut it in the shape of a heart:


I added a bit of machine stitching. Not too much, along the outer edges of two of the papers and the heart is enough:



Next I added some embellishments at the top of my project and in the bottom left corner. Isn’t that red coffee mug awesome?! Before I added the text I first adhered a vellum heart on top of the other heart to make it “pop” a bit more. I forgot to take a pic of this, but you get my drift:


For the text I used a mix of letter stickers, letters cut with the Silhouette and letters punched with my (old fashioned) QuicKutz Squeeze. I’m glad I kept the Squeeze even though I’ve got several more modern die-cutting machines by now! The QuicKutz alphabet I used is called “Stiletto”, the ampersand and the word “coffee” were cut with the Silhouette and the “A” is from the Warm & Cozy Rose Gold Foil Alpha Stickers set.


And here’s how my project looks in my coffee corner. My hubby promised he would hang it up on the wall, but for now it looks great here as well I think.


Supplies:

  • Warm & Cozy Leaf Toss Patterned Paper
  • Warm & Cozy Logs Patterned Paper
  • Warm & Cozy Daisy Patterned Paper
  • Warm & Cozy Tweed Patterned Paper
  • Warm & Cozy Cozy Sprigs Patterned Paper
  • Warm & Cozy Ephemera Die Cuts
  • Warm & Cozy Rose Gold Foil Alpha Stickers

Thank you so much for stopping by again today!
Wishing you a happy Friday!
xxx
Monique

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I adore my one a day coffee & I REALLY adore any coffee 'art'. It makes me feel happy. Gorgeous layering here, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!! Just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dat ziet er gaaf uit! Heel mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Monique. Am going to check out those papers too cos they look awesome. Haven't got those in our shops (yet) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Monique... i love this beautiful Decoration....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas is fast approaching. We all know that Christmas is the time we celebrated annually to remember the birth of Jesus Christ. This is where our family gathers together and celebrates together, Sharing gift to our love ones, and even for the unfortunate one. It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
    Just want to share with you my made to order mug which you can customize or personalize your own designs. Which you can give this to your love ones as a simple gift that make the happy and unforgettable moment.
    Discount Store to someone special, or treat yourself to a design that brings you joy or makes you laugh. Create your own photo mug, shop our collection of the funniest joke mugs, personalize your mug with a monogram, or express yourself with one of our 10 million designs. You can visit us at www.gearbubble.com/gbstore/discountstore which is Available in 11-ounce or 15-ounce. Dimensions: 11-ounce: 3.8” h x 3.2” diameter 15-ounce:4.5” high x 3.4” diameter. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Strong, high-grade ceramic construction. So don’t wait to order yours! Visit us at www.gearbubble.com/gbstore/discountstore

    ReplyDelete