Sunday 27 November 2016

Doodlebug Flea Market Lanterns

Hello friends! Just popping in to share my latest Doodlebug project with you (you can find it on Doodlebug's blog here).

I created these 3 lanterns using a lantern cut file from the Silhouette shop and Doodlebug's Flea Market collection. I cut the lanterns from my Petite Prints papers in three different colors and decorated them with die-cuts, (mini) doodle-pops, stickers and also one of Doodlebug's new cut files: the little fox. 


I love Doodlebug's new cut files and just needed to make this little fox with the fox cut file (you can find a Studio file in the Silhouette store here and the SVG file in Lori Whitlock's store here): 


Isn't he adorable?! I just love that the new cut files give me the opportunity to decide how large I want this fox! What I would also like to try is to create one in totally different colors, like maybe a blue or a green fox ... just for fun. 


And here are the lanterns one by one. I adhered some vellum behind the windows in two of the lanterns and left the other lantern "open". I love the brighter light of the (fake) candle in the open lantern, but I also love the soft glow caused by the vellum. 


The Doodle-Pops, like this night owl, are just perfect for projects like these as they offer just that bit of extra dimension.


Here is the little black country crow a mini Doodle-Pop, the mouse is a sticker from the sheet of Icons Stickers and the other elements are die-cuts from the Odds & Ends package: 


I really love how these turned out! 

Here's just one more photo:


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and taking a peek at my project. Wishing you a wonderful day! 

Monique

3 comments:

  1. Wat zijn ze ontzettend leuk en schattig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGOSH!!! These are ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeeeeee them so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these are fabulous. Love the wee foxy - off to find both him and the lanterns in the store. :)

    ReplyDelete