Saturday 7 January 2017

Favorite Phrases Cards

For Pebbles "favorite phrases” feature I created a couple of cards using the awesome "Everyday" collection from Jen Hadfield.


Before I got started I decided to look up some phrases on Pinterest and this was the first one that appealed to me, it was also the one that determined the collection I was going to use: “Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet on the Inside”. I love pineapples and this saying jumped out at me straight away! I knew at once which collection I was going to use, the “Everyday” collection, as it contains lots of pineapples! Here’s the card I made:


I used my typewriter to type the text along all four sides of my card. I really love the effect this gives! I also adore that gold pineapple die-cut!



Once I decided on the collection I was going to use, I found it was easy to find many favorite phrases as the Everyday collection holds lots of fun phrases that I really like! Here’s one: “When Life Gives You Lemons Make Lemonade!”


And here’s another phrase from the Everyday collection I really really like: Make Everday Count.


For this last card I took a few step-by-step photos which I want to share with you. I started by assembling all the things I thought I would need:


The base of my card is a piece of 4″ x 12″ white cardstock, which I folded in half to create a 4″ x 6″ card. Using my Coluzzle circle cutter I cut a circle in the front of my card (1) behind which I adhered a pink die-cut with “Make Everyday Count”. I chose a piece of matching pink patterned paper for the front of my card and also cut a circle in this (2). Before adhering the paper to the front of my card I machine stitched the edges (3). Next I chose this beautiful gold wreath die-cut and glued it around the circle, I added a flower sticker and placed two hand cut pennants partly under it (4). With just a few white paint splatters I was done!


The Everyday collection is so perfect to create cards with fun phrases, I could easily have created many more! I hope you like them too and give them a try!



Supplies:
Jen Hadfield Everyday Pink Picnic (733057)
Jen Hadfield Everyday Tropical Delight (733071)
Jen Hadfield Everyday Angled Thoughts (733072)
Jen Hadfield Everyday Honeycomb (733074)
Jen Hadfield Everyday 12″x12″ Single-Sided Paper Pad (733081)
Jen Hadfield Everyday Ephemera Die-Cuts with Gold Foil (733093)
Jen Hadfield Everyday Cardstock Stickers (733085)
American Crafts This To That Double-Sided Super Sticky Red Tape, .25″ x 5 yd (61753)
American Crafts Cutup Scissors 7″ (64201)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Wishing you a wonderful day!
Monique

4 comments:

  1. These look fabulous.....& dare I say it....YES, I will, they look soo FRESH!!!!! Love the pineapple one, too & I really like how you showed 'em off on that yummy clip board;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the quotes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo beautiful... Monique i love this cards

    ReplyDelete