Tuesday 30 May 2017

My Creative Scrapbook May Main Kit Step-By-Step

Hi friends! I've got one last layout to share, created with the "My Creative Scrapbook" May Main Kit. I adored all the Jillibean Soup "Bowl of Dreams" products that were included in this kit, which you've probably already realized after seeing so many projects created with it!

Here's the layout I wanted to share today. A little step-by-step of a page with a photo of two of my nephews. 


As this was the fourth layout I created with this kit I had lots of and lots of leftover strips of paper. I really don't like wasting scrapbook paper I love so I decided to create a page using mainly these leftover strips. Here's what I did:

1. Collect all the left-over strips of paper. Mine were between 1 cm and 3 cm wide (approx between 0.5" and 1.5"). Make sure the strips aren't longer than 6" (15 cm). 


2. Select the tools & products you might use: 


3. Cut or punch a little "v" in one end of the paper strips:


4. Determine the middle of your background sheet and arrange the strips on the left and right side of it. I made little pencil marks to keep a straight line, which I'll remove later on. Use only a little bit of adhesive to adhere the strips to your background, so you'll be able to move them around if necessary. 


5. Use your sewing machine to stitch two vertical line over the paper strips (in this photo you can also see my pencil marks which mark the centre of my page):

6. Remove pencil marks:


7. Next mat your photo and choose one of the cards from the Bowl of Dreams "Bite Sized Bits" sheet and adhere both the photo and the card to your page. Now comes the fun part! The embellishing!! 

Here are a few close-ups of my finished page. I used the fabric AC Sotheby's Thickers for my title. On two of my other layouts I colored these letters, but as I thought that this layout is already colorful enough I decided to leave them as is. 


I love using ribbon on my pages (even if it's only a little piece like here) as it adds just that little bit of extra texture. 


Even though I used a boys photo, I think using flowers is perfectly justified (don't know if they agree though, lol).


This is it! the last layout created with the MCS May Main Kit! Hope you like it! If you would like to see more tutorials or step-by-step projects then hop over to the blog of My Creative Scrapbook. There you'll find tons of inspiration using the various MCS kits!

As it's almost June I've already created my layouts with the June Main Kit as well! Can't wait to share those with you too! I promise, the kit is amazing once again! Right up my alley! 

Wishing you a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by to have a look at my project!
xoxo
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Wat een leuke en vrolijke lay-out! Super met al die strookjes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of using all those little strips of paper. Just might have to give this a go. Fab layout Monique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love this! LOVING those strips!!!!! Awesome colors too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete