Saturday 14 April 2018

He's 18!! Pebbles Patio Party - My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! Last week I got to share my step-by-step tutorial for this layout on the blog of My Creative Scrapbook and I thought I'd share it here as well.

I used the April Main Kit to create this page. I totally adore all Pebbles Inc. collections and was so very happy Pam included lots of the Jen Hadfield Patio Party collection in this kit!

Here's the layout I created and I thought I'd show you how it came together:


As the photo is one of my son celebrating his 18th birthday I wanted to create a special page, a very festive & happy one. After a bit of thinking I came up with the idea of creating garlands and placing them over the entire page.

I got started and using this very handy punch I punched a whole lot of little flags:


I used a few strips of paper cut from two different sheets only. As the sheets are double-sided I had more than enough different patterns to choose from.

Next I decided where I wanted the garlands to be on my page and using a pencil & ruler to draw thin lines:


I used a tiny bit of glue to adhere the flags, but left white space where I wanted to place the photo later-on:


Using my trusted sewing machine I stitched the flags into place:



Before continuing on my page I erased the pencil lines. The photo and embellishing came next. I matted the photo twice, added one of the Thickers words and chose a few die-cuts & a card and adhered these all.


I wrote the journaling along the lines of the garland, included a date stamp and added a few paint drops and I was done!

Here are a few close-ups:


I adhered some of the die-cuts with adhesive foam dots:


And I chose some of my favorite die-cuts, like this awesome flamingo:



This is it! Hope you like it!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Wishing you happy scrapping!
xx
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING all the banners!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete